Monday, June 7, 2010

The things I am going to miss about France

Now that I've posted the things I'm not going to miss, I have a much longer list of things I will miss.

1. French wine - even the 3 euro priced bottles are good
2. French bread
3. French cheese - it's all stinky but ooohhh so good
4. French cities - one of our French friends calls it "le rythme de la vie" - the rhythm of life. There is always something going on in the city
5. The weather in the south of France - oh so mild and subzero free
6. The way the french dine - a social event that can include up to 5 courses and is not to be rushed (2 hours average)
7. The French language
8. The markets - everything here is fresh
9. Conservation measures - check out an earlier post
10. Red tile roofs
11. The proximity to the Atlantic, Mediterranean, and the Pyrenees
12. Les places - the city squares with green spaces and open air restaurants
13. Dining outside most of the year - in the city, no smog or loud traffic
14. Paris
15. French restaurants - Restaurants are small, cozy, and the food is delicious. And, there are many, many choices
16. The ability to be car free - I've driven very little this year - it's great to walk around town.
17. The sunsets from our 4th floor terrace
18. Being so close to such amazing places - the history here is incredible
19. Pastries - do I really need to say more?
20. Chocolate
21. Their love for dogs. Lady has gone with us just about everywhere
22. The carousels in every town
23. The rolling hills of vineyards, lavender or sunflowers
24. Canard - duck here is very tasty
25. The architecture

. . . and of course all my new friends

No comments:

Post a Comment