Up until now, the weather here in Toulouse has not been that different than what you have back home in MN. Usually the weather here is a little warmer, but not more than 5-10 degrees (except in August when it was really hot). I understand that you are experiencing your first major snowstorm of the winter and the prediction is for the thermometer to take a plunge after the storm is over.As I write this, the sun is shining and the temperature is 59 degrees (at 2 PM). Yesterday I had a petite fête (small celebration) with my two friends from French language class and we took this picture out on our patio (notice we didn't need coats). Last Friday night Larry and I sat at an outdoor bar and enjoyed drinks and people watched. For someone who has lived all her life in MN the idea of eating outdoors in Dec. is incongruous.
So, my friends, enjoy the snow. I'm sure it's pretty and I know I'll be wishing to see a bit of it on Christmas Day (but I'll get over it) :)
a bientôt
No comments:
Post a Comment